Saturday, April 1, 2017

MY MAIN RIDE

A 1947 Chief. 
Has been very dependable.

Except when the intake manifold developed a leak - just look at that cooked chrome! 
Yes, I fixed the front brake lever position.


Seat and saddle by Heather's Leathers.
I carry a genuine 1940's Navajo Indian merino wool rug for roadside naps.
Ceremonially smudged "eagle" feathers are for speed and safety. 
Kiwi electric starter because I never found kicking to be fun.


35 degrees F is my lower limit and I'm good for just 30 minutes. Happier at 40F (here) and above.
Old Buco helmet with foam liner removed and replaced with a shearling leather cap with ear flaps made by Sterkowski of Poland. Nice and warm. Boots by Gasolina. Jacket by Milwaukee.  Socks are buffalo down. Underlayers are Minus-33 brand Merino wool. Warm gloves by Olympia and the warmest by JRP. 


NOTEWORTHY:

In the image above, I'm wearing Kevlar lined Dragging Jeans.
I own  a lot of these.
All have had the knee cotton worn through from kneeling to fix or do bike stuff.
On all, the Kevlar woven fiber under-layer has remained unaffected.
So I continue to kneel and work. 
That blue cotton layer was not important anyhow.
One needs Kevlar knees.
Just saying.