Saturday, April 1, 2017

RIDING THE 741 UP AND DOWN WEST VIRGINIA MOUNTAIN ROADS

VIDEOS!

PART I – 16:48 minutes
Arrival. We are the Wild Ones. Shoot the Covered Bridge. Kick-Start Hell. Life in a Parking Lot. Mountain Truck Menace. 

PART II – 10:00 minutes
More Life in a Parking Lot. Weekend Warriors. The Falls. 

PART III – 14:32 minutes
Up Hill. Banquet. Down Hill Fireflies

PART IV – 6:54 minutes
The Bike Show. 


In 2014 I beat this little Indian really hard up and down West Virginia mountain roads on the 3-day AMCA (Antique Motorcycle Club of America) National Road Run with the event based in Elkins, WV.


I deviated from the official route one day and got stuck on an 11% downhill grade for 3 miles with no place to pull off and a loaded logging truck on my tail with a devil driver. I was braking all the time over those three miles and put more emphasis on the rear brake for fear of locking up the front, spilling and being run over.

When I got home I pulled the wheels to inspect the brakes.

The rear brake shoes had melted over their rivets. See picture below: